Getting Married in Downtown Las Vegas
Las Vegas is a city known for good times, gambling, and of course, weddings. The image of a small chapel and an Elvis impersonator at the helm may come to mind, but there is so much more to getting married in Sin City. According to Nevada’s marriage records, around 120,000 marriage ceremonies are performed each year in Las Vegas, with an average of 10,000 ceremonies taking place each month!
One of the most popular destinations for weddings is Downtown Las Vegas. With its vintage charm, stunning backdrops, energetic crowds, and decades of successful ceremonies, it’s no wonder that Las Vegas has been crowned the Wedding Capital of the World. Here’s what you need to know when it comes to having your wedding in downtown Las Vegas:
Finding Your Wedding Venue in Downtown Las Vegas
One of the biggest challenges people experience when planning a wedding is getting the right venue. Luckily, Downtown Las Vegas is full of wedding venues and potential locations where you can tie the knot the way you want. Here are some questions to consider when searching for a Downtown Las Vegas wedding venue:
- How many guests do you expect?
- Do you want an indoor or outdoor ceremony?
- Who will officiate your wedding?
- Where will your guests be staying?
- Will you have a reception after the ceremony?
The answers to these questions will help guide you during your search for the perfect wedding venue. For the ceremony, there are several chapels throughout downtown that can accommodate every budget, including Chapel of the Flowers, The Little Neon Chapel, Graceland Wedding Chapel, Fremont Wedding Chapel, and Lucky Little Wedding Chapel.
Booking the Best Wedding Reception Hall
For your reception, you want to find somewhere that will handle everything for you, so you can enjoy this special time with your family and friends. Experience is key, and having all you need in one place is going to make planning so much easier. Some questions that could help during your search include:
- Can they accommodate the size of your party?
- Do they offer in-house catering?
- What are their bar and drink options?
- Can you order your cake through them?
- Is a DJ or other entertainment included in their package?
- Do they provide a wedding planner or coordinator to help on that day?
Downtown Grand offers several banquet rooms, restaurants, and other wedding venue options to make your wedding day perfect for you and your soon-to-be spouse. Also, your guests can stay right where the special moment takes place—so you don’t have to worry about driving, parking, or trying to gather everybody together.
A Picture-Perfect Downtown Las Vegas Wedding
Another step in planning your big day is finding the best spots to snap your wedding photos. Again, there’s no shortage of spectacular backdrops and unique photo opportunities in Downtown Las Vegas. Here are some ideas that will make your wedding photos memorable:
- Symphony Park – The brightly colored pipes that stand in front of the Smith Center at Symphony Park will make any wedding party pop! Just remember, it is one of the most Instagrammed spots in Downtown Las Vegas, so you may or may not run into crowds.
- The Neon Museum – You’re sure to get some unique shots at The Neon Museum just minutes from Downtown Grand. Check out the “In Love” sign from the Moulin Rouge, among other classic neon signage from Vegas’ past. However, keep in mind that you must purchase a ticket to get in, and you are only allowed to take photos on your cell phone unless you book a professional shoot. It’s great for some casual shots, though!
- Video Canopy on Fremont Street – You can’t miss taking a picture in front of the iconic Fremont Street video screen that hovers several stories above the downtown crowds and features free light shows every night.
- Downtown Street Art – You’ll get some truly artistic wedding shots when you venture into downtown’s art scene. Many murals were created for the annual Life is Beautiful Music Festival and feature infamous street artists’ signature styles.
- Citrus Grand Pool Deck – You may want to celebrate your wedding under the sparkling Las Vegas stars. The pool at Downtown Grand has a serene and romantic vibe that provides the perfect place to capture that amazing and memorable moment as it happens.
Getting Your Marriage License
The marriage license is ultimately what is going the seal the matrimonial deal. It is required by law that a couple must first seek a marriage license before they can officially tie the knot. In Las Vegas, the license is issued by the Clark County Marriage License Bureau, which is conveniently located in Downtown Las Vegas. In fact, Downtown Grand Hotel & Casino is less than a mile away!
The license can only be issued when both parties physically appear before the clerk at the Marriage Bureau. The license can be issued on the same day you apply, provided you have a form of identification and all the necessary documents needed. Requirements to obtain a marriage license in Las Vegas are:
- Both applicants that intend to get married must be over 18 years
- Applicants must provide valid photo identification
- S. citizens must present their social security numbers
- Each new applicant must not have a living spouse
- The couple should not be related, including half-cousins
All-Inclusive Wedding Packages at Downtown Grand
There are several options to choose from if you’re looking to host your wedding at Downtown Grand. You get to choose from a wide variety of personalized guest service options. No matter the size of the wedding, you can be sure of getting a tailor-made solution just for you. There are plenty of wedding packages available, and you can expect the same level of quality and commitment on your special day, no matter your budget.
To learn more about our wedding packages, you can fill out an easy request for proposal with some details on what you’re looking for, and one of our team members will get right back to you with what might work best for you. We can also do custom packages that combine some of our most popular options.
Make It Official in Downtown Las Vegas
Downtown Las Vegas is the place to be if you’re planning a wedding in Sin City. Even with a modest budget or tight time constraints, you can still get the wedding you’ve always dreamed of with professional planners, awesome food and drink options, world-class entertainment, and comfortable accommodations for you and your guests.
With Downtown Grand, you can get all of this and more under one roof. Our friendly event coordinators and hotel staff are ready to take the reigns, so all you have to do is sit back, relax, and enjoy your special day!